Lucretia
I mean this with all love but the Cookie Fairies in our office are going to be the bane of my existence this holiday season!  We have two wonderful ladies who cook all manner of treats during December and bring a new batch in every Monday for the office to devour.  And believe me, we devour them.  They are delicious, yummy and in some cases (like the Red Velvet Cake and the Buckeyes, both of which have yet to appear) they are simply sinful in their goodness.

But I'm trying to lose the extra 13 pounds I've been carrying around since before I got pregnant!  I may have a lot of will power in other areas of my life, but I've got a serious sweet tooth and every time I walk in the kitchen for another class of water or to stash my pump bag in the fridge, its a fight.  One one shoulder is the voice saying "don't eat that ... you're trying to be healthy and set a good example for Little Bit" and on the other shoulder is the devil saying "but its only once a year and you can be good after Christmas and by the way, remember how good it tastes!"  ARGH!!!

Some days are better than others, which is why, today being a Friday, I think I'll be able to behave.  Because all my favorites are gone ... until Monday rolls around and it starts all over again.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses