Lucretia
I remember as a child having my picture taken with Santa Claus, dressing up, preparing the wish list, sitting on the big guy's lap and telling him all the wonderful things I wanted that year.  It was a rite of passage, a tradition ... what it wasn't was expensive.  I confirmed with my own mother this morning that my parents did not pay an arm and a leg to have Santa pictures done of my sister and I.  She was as shocked and dismated as I was when I told her some of the local malls are charging as much as $30 for pictures with Santa!  $30 ... seriously! 

So, I was delighted when I found out, thanks to some friends, that our local Bass Pro Shops has Santa for free.  And not just Santa!  When we arrived, there was a reindeer carosaul as well ... for free!  Now that's the Christmas spirit in my opinion.  In a year when many families are struggling to make ends meet, why should the children have to be deprived of the chance to see Santa, simply because someone decided to prey on the emotions of parents?  There were so many adorable, expectant faces standing in line, all spit and polished, just antsy with the excitement of a visit with Santa Claus.  No child should be deprived of that small joy and tradition.

So thank you, Bass Pro Shops, for being that glimmer of true Christmas Spirit in a world that seems to have forgotten there is a Christ in Christmas.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses